Search In Fatwa

Working as a Tax Adviser for Someone whose Income is Haram or Mixed


salam. can i work as a tax adviser for someone whose income is haram or mixed (contains both halal and haram)? this work involves advising them and helping them reduce their taxes. i read in your fatwas that its halal to escape taxes when government impose them unjustly.


All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad  sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

If all the money of the employer is forbidden, then it is not permissible for you to work for him, neither as a tax advisor nor in any other job.

But if some of his money is mixed, some of it is ill-gotten and some of it is lawful, then it is permissible for you to work for him if his work is in permissible trade or industry.

However, you should not help him to evade the taxes except in the case where this is permissible, as we have explained in Fatwa 203644.

Allah knows best.

Related Fatwa